Monday 1 February 2021

Chocolate sandwich Cookies

 


Is baking still one of the most popular lockdown activities? Or am I behind the times? 

I'm half way through my 1000th jigsaw puzzle, have redecorated the house twice, my cat is desperate to be left in peace, so back into the kitchen to create!

I'm using Teff flour for these - I recently discovered it and am obsessed! You can buy from Amazon (I use white teff flour if you can get it). I believe sorghum flour makes a good substitute if you can't get hold of Teff but haven't actually tried it in this recipe.

I've also found teff flour to be the best for making pancakes - much better than all the expensive mixes I've tried. 

These make 4 big cookies (because who wants small cookies) and are easy to make. 

You will need

  1. 100 g Teff flour
  2. 80 g potato starch
  3. 40 g cocoa powder
  4. 110 g room temperature unsalted butter or vegan alternative (I like the new Flora block)
  5. 80 g soft brown sugar
for the filling   60 g icing sugar, 45 g room temperature unsalted butter or vegan alternative, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

1. Preheat the oven to 180 c
2. Place the flour, the starch, the cocoa, sugar and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand or using a handheld whisk until it comes together into a ball of dough.
3. Roll the dough out onto a sheet of baking paper (roughly 5 mm thick).  Cut into 8 rounds. 
4. Bake for 15 mins then leave to cool and harden.
5. Mix the filling ingredients together - you may need to add a little water or milk to get the desired consistency.
6. Spread the filling onto 4 of the cookies, then sandwich the other 4 on top.

You could also use Nutella or peanut butter to sandwich the cookies together.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment