Tuesday 12 May 2015

BANANA BREAD



I came up with this recipe when I was studying to become a Homeopath. My days were spent sitting on the floor surrounded by books, trying to make sense of random bits of paper with scribbled notes on. Whenever my brain started to overload (which doesn't take much tbh), my favourite way to take a break was to get in the kitchen & get baking.

150g Free by doves farm gluten free self raising flour or the flour mix from this book with one extra teaspoon of baking powder.
100g fresh (peeled weight) banana
half teaspoon doves farm baking powder or other gluten free baking powder
75g soft brown or coconut sugar
3 eggs
50g walnuts or pecans
100g dairy free spread (I used flora)
2 teaspoons cinnamon or mixed spice.

1  Preheat oven to 180c
2  Line a small loaf tin with baking parchment (or grease it lightly)
3  Leave the pecans/ walnuts to one side and simply put the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blitz. Then stir in the pecans/ walnuts.
4  Pour into the loaf tin and cook for about 40 mins. the loaf should be firm to the touch and the top will have turned golden brown. If you're not sure if its done, poke a skewer in the middle at it should come out clean (ie with no raw cake mixture on it).

Served with fresh banana, toasted almonds & date syrup (which I appreciate looks like ketchup, but I promise it's not!)



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment